Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. B.
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have any experience with LCG. As I understand it a group of 3 players must have 2 core sets to be able to play the game at all.

I wonder which of the contents of a core set is superfluous when a group of 3 players want to play? For example, two Roland Banks investigators cards are not usable, or two sets of modification tokens to draw from are not usable, etc.

Or the other way around: What does one really need from a core set to play with 3 players?

Can someone tell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
You would probably get duplicates of rule books, sheet cards, tokens, scenario and Mythos cards... Basically, you have to buy more than 50% of stuff you don't actually need. Unless you are really careless with your board games and they will be damaged with reckless use.

Only thing you need from the second core set are investigator assets, events, skills and ally cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always use the extra encounter cards for custom scenarios (so they all have the same back). You could also use them to have 2 simultaneous 2 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, there are just not enough cards in one core set to build 3 legal investigator decks. You could theoretically just wait for the deluxe expansion, which should give you enough to build 3 legal decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gillette
United States
New Richmond
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamjimby wrote:
If I recall correctly, there are just not enough cards in one core set to build 3 legal investigator decks. You could theoretically just wait for the deluxe expansion, which should give you enough to build 3 legal decks.

I believe there are just enough neutral cards where you could technically build three legal decks, though I certainly wouldn't want to play it. Having that second set also opens up deck construction possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
souloon souloon
Poland
flag msg tools
There are 2 neutral cards left from the core.

So for sure we can assume there is at least 2 copies of one lvl 0 card for each of the classes in deluxe - that's mean:

With two decks completely constructed, we are left with one class completely unused. Thats 10 cards.

If we add those 2 to the sum, and also add 5 from different classes and two copies of card for compatible class - we got total of 19 cards. We need 11 more to construct a working deck.

If we can assume there is 2 neutrals, and there are two 0 lvl cards per class and we add 2 copies of the card from our own class and those neutrals. Total is 25 - So it's still not enough.

We got to assume there is three lvl 0 cards per class and at least 3 neutrals to have any chance of working deck. Or ton of 0 lvl neutrals.

Of course we are assuming a fresh 0 xp character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.