Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

yesterday I played Ferderation Commander: Klingon Border for the very first time. I found the system very smooth and enjoyable, with the energy management being very thrilling.

Now, my question is: Is there anything like Federation Commander in the Star wars universe? Or is there a release planned for star wars?

Thanks

Mixo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aljoscha S. Nett
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I can't say for shure, but I can not imagine that Amarillo would ever be able to get the Rights. As I understand, they do not even have the full rights for Star Trek; only background, no characters.

I guess in this Time of "Rules-Simplification" the SW-franchise won't get past the complexity of StarWars Miniatures Starship Battles.

But it would be so cool to have the opportunity to mix the two universes in one Rulessystem. Star Destroyers vs. K'tingas wow

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Picayune
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look here as this is close:

http://www.star-ranger.com/Stuff/SFX2004.htm

For Full Thrust but it is a neat premise!

MD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy Star Wars: Star Warriors, but it is limited to tactical fighter and small ship combat. Capital ships are extremely abstracted. Still, it is fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There'd never be anything official, as ADB's Federation Commander is licensed from Paramount. Star Wars-related products would be a completely different license.

Of course, any fan can do anything he/she wants with the FC system as long as its for private use.

There are other examples of Star Wars-type adaptions. Wings of War has a *very* unofficial Star Wars version in the files section here, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls