Popular Tags: [View All]
André Nordstrand
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
reviews.takras.net for board game reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
So it has to happen, with players sitting on the wrong side of the board. Is it possible, in resolution phase, to change the direction of the arrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
I would say no as such leniency kind of counters the whole stress aspect of the planning.

I would suggest that the arrows always should be placed an interpreted according to their absolute direction relative to the gameboard. That way you don't have to translate directions if you're seated at one of the short ends or at the "top" end of the game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rose
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does NOT matter where you are moving from or where you sit. The ONLY thing that matters is the direction the arrow points relative to the compass on your clock.

Taking a Detour
In the heat of the Planning Phase it can sometimes happen that you misplace an arrow in your Action clock. You wanted it point West, but instead it points East. That can really mess up the Story Phase. The Taking a Detour rule remedies that. In the Story phase, you are allowed to pick up an Arrow token from your Action clock and change its direction for the price of 1 Dread. In story terms this represents your character taking a detour to get to the Location, arriving at the last moment. Note that this rule does NOT permit you to change tokens with the number side up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My rules state that the price of Taking a Detour is one dread. Has that changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rose
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. I'll update that. I was in a rush and referencing an earlier draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.