$30.00
Andrew Hirst
England
Buckingham, UK
flag msg tools
Hello,

The tiles in my copy of Alhambra are very poorly punched meaning that the black bar that denotes the walls are very thin in places. This makes the game difficult to play.

I contacted Queen Games in July 2016 and I was told that they would replace them.

I sent some photographs to them as they requested. Nothing. Has anyone else had issues with Queen Games?

Given the lack of response can anyone suggest a way to solve the problem? Perhaps I need to call them directly.

Photo of the tiles attached

TIA

Andrew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
see their publisher forums

Queen Games

this is "discussing retailers" like cool stuff, funagain, MM, target, walmart, etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Great Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
Honestly they don't look that off to me, but if they said they would replace them they should.

On my one dealing with them it did take along time to get the replacement items, and there wasn't any notice, but they finally arrived. Maybe try another email or fill out the contact us form on their site again?

Or be sinister and back one of their games on Kickstarter and then repeatedly bother them in the comments section there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golgotha wrote:
Hello,

The tiles in my copy of Alhambra are very poorly punched meaning that the black bar that denotes the walls are very thin in places. This makes the game difficult to play.

I contacted Queen Games in July 2016 and I was told that they would replace them.

I sent some photographs to them as they requested. Nothing. Has anyone else had issues with Queen Games?

Given the lack of response can anyone suggest a way to solve the problem? Perhaps I need to call them directly.

TIA

Andrew.

You need to have a ton of patience and just be persistent. For some replacement parts, it took around four months and perhaps ten emails. They did finally arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hirst
England
Buckingham, UK
flag msg tools
Thanks. Patience seems to be required. I have re-posted to their site and via Twitter.

I don't mind waiting but an acknowledgement that it will be dealt with is a fairly basic minimum requirement surely?

As for just how bad the tiles are, from above not too bad but once in play on the table at an angle the walls are quite tricky to see and everyone playing had to keep getting up to check. Comedy really on the night :-)

Andrew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You tend not to get any acknowledgements from Queen but the stuff arrives some indeterminate time later. I've had two issues I've taken up with them, and both were resolved - so they do come through in the end. There's a post somewhere giving several alternative email addresses - if you can find it, pepper them too.

Your tiles aren't the worst I've seen, but they aren't good enough, so keep at it and good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only had to deal with them once when I got an out of print game of Thiers that was still in shrink. They found the parts and sent them to me quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with my copy of Alhambra. It eventually took about a year before the problem was fixed.

A year. And many, many...many e-mails and messages.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xi Jiang Bflei
United States
South El monte
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Queen Game has the worst customer service I ever met.
I won't buy any games from that publisher.

Golgotha wrote:
Hello,

TIA

Andrew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked Queen Games about some replacement camels for Samarakand Routes to Riches (my children lost one of the black camels), and they responded with an email and the parts did show up a few weeks later. Kudos to them when it was my fault the piece got lost and they sent three extras of each color anyway. So just be patient; it takes time, reiterating what others have said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.