Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Stephens
Australia
Mt Martha
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a game where Jenny Barnes' abilities allowed her to constantly empty the Reserve each turn.

Although it slows down her movement, as it takes one action, she (or another investigator) can get two automatic successes (By taking a bank loan, and immediately discarding the Debt Condition via her "passive ability" and then gains +2 Influence via her action.

So to take Jenny as an example she would get 2 successes plus rolling 6 dice to give her an average of 4 successes per turn. (She also got Fine Clothes early (6's score as 2 successes) and it just went crazy.))

Am I playing something wrong or is she really supposed to be that powerful?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Roux Van Der Vyver
msg tools
mb
I would say it is situational and the Fine Clothes early would make a huge difference. 4 Successes isn't enough to empty out the reserve every turn, with the Fine Clothes it becomes more likely to occur though. Doing this also means that your passive is burnt out early so you can't use it in the Encounter and Mythos phases and as you say it uses an action.

Sometimes an investigator's abilities work really well together and I guess they really want to save the world! I guess just make sure that you were only using her passive ability once per turn. You can only bail one person out per turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's some sort of FFG rule that Jenny Barnes kicks ass in whatever game she's put in.

She really is amazing and better than Charlie Kane in my opinion because she's not as weak as he is as she has no 4 hp stats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find she's pretty good. Like top 5 or top 10 investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.