SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Did play prologue right? (very mild spoiler'ish) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Backe
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hey guys..

I just gathered my group last night to play the prologue. We all ended up on 3 Glory, which was because of people learning the rules, and thought it was more fun to buy advicers and explore/raid, so we didnt buy a single upgrade or treasuer, which was fine..

But, I am wondering though, on one of the islands we have 4 places that all produce spice? Did we do something wrong here? Or was it just a coincidence ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Magnissimus Maximus
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first four islands will mostly contain resources, and which resources pop up is random according to what number you choose on the explorer´s map. There is a finite number of resource producing sites, so your other islands will probably end up producing less spice. Your spice producing island will be a contended spot when spice is in demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is within normal parameters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Strong-Morse
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, we randomly hit only production squares that matched what the island already produced until the last or second-to-last explore of the game, so we have a spice island, a wood island, and so forth. Some other game probably hit the full cycle on the first island, so they have an island with one of each good. It's just random, and lots of boards will get random distributions that look weird to human eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We also have islands predominately producing one type over others. I'm guessing the spread of resources is somewhat based on the icons and some islands have more icons of a given type than others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.