Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Boberson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been going under the assumption that the starting occupation you 'draw into your hand' at game setup does not mean that you can use its ability right away (ie without using one of the 'play a card from your hand' actions) but I'm starting to second guess myself now. Why are the starting occupations light brown, as opposed to the rest of the occupation cards which are dark brown? Is it because they are simple to understand or basic, in order to ease you into the game and give you a nudge in a particular direction? Or is it maybe to indicate that they come 'pre-activated' and ready for use, just like the weapons and mead you're given? I suspect that's not the case, and the starting occupations need activated like all the other occupation cards, but I just wanted to double check. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They are light brown so everyone gets a suitable starting occupation. There are some very specific occupations in the dark brown decks that would not be good as a starting card. The light brown may also be more powerful, and only one per player are in each game.

You must activate them before you can use them (page 20, "You must play an occupation card before you can use its effect"), just like other occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.