Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bedell
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state for both city and locomotive Trick Lane cards:

"...then each player...adds their played card to either end of the railway corresponding to their card's company".

This would seem to imply that it is always allowable to add to the left.
The locomotives have a right-facing arrow on them. Is that an indicator that all future cards have to be played to the right?

If not, there would seem to be a viable strategy/tactic to bury cards that are valuable to your opponents to the left of the locomotive, thereby eliminating them from being included in scoring.

I'm inclined to believe this method is not allowed, but could we have a clarification?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The locomotive is not part of the card row. It just points to the card row so you know which locomotive corresponds to which corporation's track. You can put cards on either side of the card row, but they are still part of the card row (and you don't put them on the far side of the locomotive.) If you need more room, slide the locomotive away from the card row to make room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bedell
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric. You are such an asset to the community. Get ready for my 1846 questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skaughty wrote:
Get ready for my 1846 questions!

I'll be happy to try to answer them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schaffer
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Discover Fun Together
mbmbmbmbmb
Just stopping by to confirm that Eric is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.