Subject: Help please!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all...
I'm really sorry to ask this, I hope I don't sound too much like a nutter, but, I'm having a real issue working my way around the forum.

I'm pretty good with forums usually, but I guess I'm more used to the VB ones.

OK, I posted something the other day, and I can't find it to see whether there have been any replies, but I simply can't find where there's a list of recent posts.

I asked a question about a game currently on KS and I'd like to find the post before the KS campaign closes...

If anyone could please point me toward such a beast I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks...

L. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil McIntyre
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you go to your Profile page, and click on contributions, the column on the right shows the posts you've made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Tonkovic
Croatia
flag msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/browse/region/1?username=L...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L S
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Click on your own profile and check the "contributions" page (https://boardgamegeek.com/user/Larysa/contributions) for your recent posts. That will lead you to the thread you're looking for.

For the future, you also can bookmark threads to get notifications when further replies have been posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you post you can then subscribe to it and anytime someone replies to it you will get a notification that will show up in NEW near the upper left of your web page.

-m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hmmm...

Thanks heaps guys, I appreciate the info, I found where my posts are (not many, but at least I can find them now).. Only thing is I can't find the post I was looking for that I wanted to see the answers to...

I asked about the new KS game 'The Edge', I don't suppose anyone would know why it's gone? I guess I'd have to ask a mod, wouldn't I?

Anyway, thanks again...

L... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
“Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.” -Bukowski
badge
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
mbmbmbmbmb
Larysa wrote:
I guess I'm more used to the VB ones.

What, these ones?

https://www.victoriabitter.com.au

Welcome to BGG! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
squash wrote:

Geeeez, just 'coz I grew up in Melbourne and remember the old VB factory... Doesn't mean *hic* I have anything to do with them... *hic*

squash wrote:
Welcome to BGG! meeple

Why thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larysa wrote:
Hmmm...

Thanks heaps guys, I appreciate the info, I found where my posts are (not many, but at least I can find them now).. Only thing is I can't find the post I was looking for that I wanted to see the answers to...

I asked about the new KS game 'The Edge', I don't suppose anyone would know why it's gone? I guess I'd have to ask a mod, wouldn't I?

Anyway, thanks again...

L... meeple

Did you include a link to the Kickstarter in your post? If so, it was probably deleted by a mod.

Usually this is done to prevent people from spamming the forums with every new KS game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
slprince wrote:

Did you include a link to the Kickstarter in your post? If so, it was probably deleted by a mod.

Usually this is done to prevent people from spamming the forums with every new KS game.

Thanks Stephanie,

Yes, I think I did include a link.

I understand why it was removed (assuming that was what the problem was, but it makes sense when you think of it from a Mod's pov...).

It's a pity, I would have really welcomed some input into the game. I've never played a mini-wargame before and wanted to know what people thought of that one, and I didn't want to ask on the page for the game itself because I thought that people who liked the game would probably be the only ones to see it there. I was kinda hoping for a both-sides-of-the-equation type discussion...

I may re-post the query without any links. Could you recommend the best forum to post such a question in?

Thanks again,

L... meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Larysa wrote:
slprince wrote:

Thanks Stephanie,

Yes, I think I did include a link.

I understand why it was removed (assuming that was what the problem was, but it makes sense when you think of it from a Mod's pov...).

It's a pity, I would have really welcomed some input into the game. I've never played a mini-wargame before and wanted to know what people thought of that one, and I didn't want to ask on the page for the game itself because I thought that people who liked the game would probably be the only ones to see it there. I was kinda hoping for a both-sides-of-the-equation type discussion...

I may re-post the query without any links. Could you recommend the best forum to post such a question in?

Thanks again,

L... meeple

There's a recommendations forum that might suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larysa wrote:
I may re-post the query without any links.

You can post a link to a game's BGG listing for people to refer to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
slprince wrote:
Larysa wrote:
I may re-post the query without any links.

You can post a link to a game's BGG listing for people to refer to.

Now... Why didn't I think of that?!?! lol
Thanks.

JJ - thanks for the recommendation of the recommendations forum! I'll go have a look and see whether anyone's mentioned it already!

Again, thanks to everyone for their help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik G
Netherlands
Waalre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Smith,

I cannot help you with the question, but i can help you with your asking. You post it now in a topic of another user who lost one of her posts.

You better start a new topic, i think it is best to post it in the game design group:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/26/boardgamegeek/board-game-...

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.