Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Checking areas on map when not in the space rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Groulx
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So there's nothing more frustrating than taking a movement (or two movements) to get to a space with an explore token only to click on the token to find out that there's a silver padlock that you obviously don't have a key for. Or moving to speak to someone only to find out they have nothing more to say. My question is whether you can look at those tokens at any time. Obviously if they have an explore icon you can't proceed further without spending an action, and the rule is explicit that spending that action to interact requires that you be in the space. But simply looking at what an interaction token or explore token or person might require doesn't seem to be prohibited. Am I right on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pgroulx wrote:
So there's nothing more frustrating than taking a movement (or two movements) to get to a space with an explore token only to click on the token to find out that there's a silver padlock that you obviously don't have a key for. Or moving to speak to someone only to find out they have nothing more to say. My question is whether you can look at those tokens at any time. Obviously if they have an explore icon you can't proceed further without spending an action, and the rule is explicit that spending that action to interact requires that you be in the space. But simply looking at what an interaction token or explore token or person might require doesn't seem to be prohibited. Am I right on this?

You can click on any icon on the map no matter where the investigators are to see what action options there may be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
As Baker says you are allowed to click on to read any token on the app only o see what I he description is. For one thing it displays what each token represents when you place it so the information has already been given to you. So instead of having to remember it you are allowed to view the tokens at anytime no matter where your investigators are. The only restriction is that you can't interact further with them unless an investigator is in the space and spends an action as indicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
And if, like me, you want a cite for this, it's L2P booklet, page 7 boxout "using the App to perform actions". V glad to hear it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.