Popular Tags: [View All]
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok just got the game and have readover the rules which as raised an instant question on hex stacking!

Ok so a clear hex the limit is 4 - in battle are both sides allowed 4 EACH in the hex?

And also what are the differences in the online rulebook to the one I got in the box? Anything major?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, think about it. Suppose that there was a combined limit of four pieces, counting both sides together. If your opponent put four pieces in a hex, it would be totally invulnerable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Langy wrote:
Ok so a clear hex the limit is 4 - in battle are both sides allowed 4 EACH in the hex?
Yeah, 6.21 says "both," but I think "each" would have been more clear. You can see an example of this in the first turn of the Edelweiss example on p. 37, where four Axis units pile into a hex which already has a Soviet unit.

Remember hexside engagement limits, too! (6.33)

Langy wrote:
And also what are the differences in the online rulebook to the one I got in the box? Anything major?
If you have the 1.0 rulebook, there's a serious typo in 4.41, where they stomped an entire paragraph which is pretty critical to understanding the game. (!) There are also some map corrections on p. 1, and a few other things I don't remember.

Rather than printing the entire thing, I went through the online rules, looking for the stuff printed in purple; I printed just those pages, cut out the purple bits, and taped them into my rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flannel Golem
United States
Bemidji
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuhrusty's suggestion of selectively copying pages from the most recent rulebook available at (http://www.columbiagames.com/cgi-bin/query/cfg/zoom.cfg?prod...) is a good one.

A significant clarification for new players (who will most likely start off by playing the Barbarossa scenario) is in the Barbarossa scenario setup: it states exactly which major cities need to be manned by Russian blocks at startup (so R no longer needs to waste blocks in hinterlands like Kazan and Baku); and it correctly displays the number of German HQ steps as 13 rather than 10(!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls