Hide
4 Posts

Compounded» Forums » General

Subject: adding Nobel to 3+ players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
Hello! i've been playing this game with my group and noticed that nobody wants to trade with anyone because of the fear that someone will get too ahead of someone else on the score board and trading is a pretty crucial aspect of this game because if you're out of luck and keep drawing elements that you don't need you're screwed

this isn't a problem in the 2 player game because of Nobel. is it possible to add Nobel to 3+ player games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Black
United States
Moraine
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be interesting to see how it worked out. If you give it a try, let us know how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bubu91 wrote:
Hello! i've been playing this game with my group and noticed that nobody wants to trade with anyone because of the fear that someone will get too ahead of someone else on the score board and trading is a pretty crucial aspect of this game because if you're out of luck and keep drawing elements that you don't need you're screwed

this isn't a problem in the 2 player game because of Nobel. is it possible to add Nobel to 3+ player games?

I have done it a few times. It works. I wouldn't throw him in with 4 players though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
getlouder wrote:
bubu91 wrote:

I have done it a few times. It works. I wouldn't throw him in with 4 players though.

good to hear that it works with 3 why wouldn't it work with 4 or 5?
i forgot to mention that i think for 3+ players you should use only the discovery phase for Nobel would this work? this way luck of the draw is more mitigated and the game becomes more strategic i think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.