Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trastion
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along with the issues with LoS on maps the second problem I see is that it is hard to tell what is actually supposed to be "Elevated" for the benefit of attacks and such.

We could use some LoS maps and also elevation maps or a combo of both. And preferably not 2 years from now when we get the "new rule books". (ok hopefully it won't be 2 years but still there is no reason something like this has to wait until the rule books are finished).

I am liking the game but it has been very frustrating to not know how this should be handled and I play with "rules lawyers" so if house ruling it can be tricky.

So far we have played:

In the Clutches of the Picts (Scenario 1) which doesn't seem to have any elevation but could be a mess for LoS issues.

Hunting the Tigress (Scenario 2) which only has a few LoS issues (Masts and Stairwell) but could have a a bunch more elevation spots.

What is the deal with the stairwells? They don't go anywhere and other than spawning units in the one why would anyone go into it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trastion wrote:
We could use some LoS maps and also elevation maps or a combo of both. And preferably not 2 years from now when we get the "new rule books". (ok hopefully it won't be 2 years but still there is no reason something like this has to wait until the rule books are finished).

Check your KS updates: Monolith announced the end of November, 2016 for the English edition.

(IMHO, that's unrealistically soon to catch many of the clarifications which are being requested now, but that was what they announced.)

In another thread i saw a mention from, IIRC, Pallantides, saying that the LOS situation would be something they'll address in the new book. Until then...

Trastion wrote:
I am liking the game but it has been very frustrating to not know how this should be handled and I play with "rules lawyers" so if house ruling it can be tricky.

Making a reasonable judgement call is the only viable solution for the time being. Any questions posted here on the topic will only result in people posting their own judgement calls, which will very likely differ from yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shydler
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules lawyers, Reggie! I hate rules lawyers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.