Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last game, we played a general action card called "Wind up Magpie" which required to steal a jem from a thief sheet and place it 2 spots away.
We applied that card on thief who was carrying the red jewel from the palace.
Is it legal? Or that card targets only smaller gems like yellow and green gems?

Also if the player at that round loses the royal gem does he lose also the red AP which he may have applied on his action cards earlier?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Mydel
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's OK to use Magpie on the Emperors' Jewel, that's actually one of the best ways to take it from a rival.

As far as the red AP markers go - the guy who had the Jewel keeps the markers until the end of the turn on his cards but at the end of the turn must pass them to the new owner or return them to the common pool if no one picks up the Jewel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aris Ktistakis
Greece
KOROPI, ATHENS
flag msg tools
All that I need is this moment
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Marek!
That's how we played it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magpie is nasty :) That's clockwork's drone for ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I saw another item which seemed similar, the Cog Rod. I was wondering what it did, actually... You actually steal the jewel without having to be near? I don't have the game, I am just curious how it works (it looks so powerful...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solipsiste wrote:

I saw another item which seemed similar, the Cog Rod. I was wondering what it did, actually... You actually steal the jewel without having to be near?

You have to be in near. If a card has a red seal with a number on it, then it means range. You can use Cog Rod on a thief within 3 spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Limoges
Canada
Montreal
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

It was hard to figure out just looking at the rules and images!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.