Subject: Airplane counter "blanks"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Oerlemans
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever made "blanks"* of the airplane counters in the Crimson Skies starter box?
(*: in other words: the plane counters without any colours or markings, so people can add in their own.)

I'm asking because I'm considering staging a little Crimson Skies revival locally, and I doubt any new players will want to actually buy and paint all their planes before they get to know the game and decide if they like it.
Blank counters which they could colour in their chosen markings would hopefully lure them in...

Bye, Modhail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a bad idea, but it would pretty much require someone having an unpunched set of planes to scan. I bought my game used and the planes were in rough shape. I use the WizKids planes and some metal minis I've acquired over time. The WK stuff is relatively cheap to get on eBay or online retailers.

I think it's great you are trying to get CS more exposure in your region! Fly on, my friend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sanborn
United States
South Berwick
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just started creating some 'vector graphic' versions of the planes in the box set. I'm essentially tracing the top-down schematic images from the 'Aircraft of North America' manual, and then adding additional 'paint pattern' layers, based on the patterns in the Crimson Skies PC game.

So anyone who ultimately uses them will be able to set their own color schemes, and choose from a couple of different pattern options, before printing them out.

I'm finishing up with my first effort (the Hughes Firebrand) right now. As I finish them, I'll post them here.

Regards,
Corporate Dog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leritte
Ukraine
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Does anyone know where to get more of those little plastic stands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.