Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you just laminate the tokens?

I've done similar, but didn't base the Star Spawns at all (I figure it would cover too much board real estate) and I left the investigator bases black (part laziness and partially so players can find them easily)

Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Santos
Portugal
Costa de Caparica
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow! Amazing paint job. Never painted any minis, but when I finally can put my hands in a copy of this game I'd like to paint the minis, including my 1st Edition ones. I wish mine would look half as good as yours. Maybe I'll ask you for some advice in techniques and which colours to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
Curufea, I laminated the photocopy of the monster tokens, which was made by placing the monster tokens side by side, showing both the front of the back, for easy reference (much easier than fiddling with the minis on the board).

Blueeyed32, it is relatively easy to paint minis, all you essentially need is patience, skill improves with time. The techniques I used are GW standard: priming, painting base colours, shades and inks, detail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tattersall
msg tools
Excellent. Do you mind me asking where you got your clear plastic bases from and which cement you used to glue the minis to those bases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Yarbrough
United States
High Point
North Carolina
flag msg tools
there are youtube videos that give a lot of good advice on how to paint minis, some who focus on this game in particular
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, I got them from a seller on ebay (hurlbatgames), he offers a wide range of circumferences, and the bases are thin but sturdy, which I prefer over more chunky ones.

As for the cement, it was a stick of super glue (not liquid).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Lundkvist
Sweden
flag msg tools
Really good job! I'm especially impressed by the jeans pants on the human mob, never been able to recreate the jeans look myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dillon
msg tools
Well done but not my style. Too brightly colored for such a dark and horrifying theme. I envy your ability to wield bright colors as when I paint minis they tend to be much more subdued, darker, dingier. I need to finish my collection of Descent models because I want to paint so many other things. This, Imperial Assault, Arcadia Quest (which I will attempt to brighten up my paint style for).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
New Dia die Los Muertos. Lighter, sillier, and Stickers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Echtalion wrote:

As for the cement, it was a stick of super glue (not liquid).

Which one specifically? I've yet to find anything which will reliably adhere the MoM minis to acrylic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.