Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just (attempted) to post to the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective "Sessions" forum. Upon submitting, it stated my post is being reviewed.
Is that just a part of sessions forums? I usually post to rules or general.

If not, what does that mean?

Thanks!

Edit: I then used the back button to confirm I didn't check he "this is a good post"box and it looks like I hadn't. I ticked the "subscribe" box though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Session reports" and "reviews" always go through geekmod, whether you check "this is a good post" or not. Unlike posts in "rules" or "general", your session report won't be viewable immediately, only after it has been approved by the moderators. How long this will take depends on how many people "moderate" it, and if everyone votes "approve". Recently, for my session reports it has taken almost a day before they went through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
"Session reports" and "reviews" always go through geekmod, whether you check "this is a good post" or not. Unlike posts in "rules" or "general", your session report won't be viewable immediately, only after it has been approved by the moderators. How long this will take depends on how many people "moderate" it, and if everyone votes "approve". Recently, for my session reports it has taken almost a day before they went through.

And it if isn't approved, will it be posted elsewhere (like general) instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
marble911 wrote:

No, unfortunately the post is discarded if it is not approved. So you won't be able to edit the post to improve it, or even access it in any way.

There is a UI bug here in that selecting "Session Report" type of post should automatically select the review option for the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:
marble911 wrote:

No, unfortunately the post is discarded if it is not approved. So you won't be able to edit the post to improve it, or even access it in any way.

I wish that was stated prior to posting.
Do I have any way to access it now so I can copy/paste it locally in case I need to post as a different type later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. For a session report you lose all access after submission unless the post is approved. Then you can see it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other users can see it in geekmod. I tried copying yours, but "Spoiler (click to reveal)" didn't work. I assume you used spoiler tags, and that I couldn't get the text that was inside the spoiler tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Other users can see it in geekmod. I tried copying yours, but "Spoiler (click to reveal)" didn't work. I assume you used spoiler tags, and that I couldn't get the text that was inside the spoiler tags.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe it shows the spoiler text by default? In any case, I geekmailed you what I was able to copy. Maybe you can let me know if it contained the spoilers, or maybe someone else knows how these behave in geekmod?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
wow "FOR the immediate future-articles", then SEND that as a 'Geek Mail' to yourself here and HAVE a copy in 2 places now; 'received & SENT'! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Or maybe it shows the spoiler text by default? In any case, I geekmailed you what I was able to copy. Maybe you can let me know if it contained the spoilers, or maybe someone else knows how these behave in geekmod?

Spoiler tags (and a number of others) don't work in geekmod, all the text within the tags will be visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Where the heck did this interest in WW1 come from?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mb

I wouldn't get concerned. It would have to be terrible for it not to get passed for a session report, judging by some that get through. If you have put any effort into it - and from the way you are talking about it, you clearly have - it'll go through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
OutOfHabit wrote:
Edit: I then used the back button to confirm I didn't check he "this is a good post"box and it looks like I hadn't. I ticked the "subscribe" box though.
When you "Preview", or as what you had done with "Back Button" there with this 'checked', then that is is NOT CHECKED any longer. It meant that you might have 'checked' it 'accidentally' instead of 'subscribe' at the time now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on whether your browser saves the form data. At home my browser doesn't, but at work the browser does save the form data and restores it when you press back after submit. It has saved me losing a post a couple of times.

(Edit: If I'm writing something important, I write it on Emacs and copy to this editor.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yet another 'trick' is where you use the 'browser' in order to LEFT-'click' onto the entirety of your 'article' and then bring up a MENU of which you select "copy" of this, and it will SAVE that then so you could also PASTE itself, for as long that your 'browser' will retain such.

Yet another 'trick' is where you use the 'browser' in order to LEFT-'click' onto the entirety of your 'article' and then RIGHT 'click' this in order so that it'll bring up a MENU of which you select "copy" of this, and it will SAVE that then so you could also PASTE itself of anything written so far, for as long that your 'browser' will retain such.

SPOT the 'difference'? Either you "copy" frequently, or a couple of times during the lengthy duration for any.

EDIT is also where you can place something in addition for yours ONCE it is "published" too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My session report approved.
And what an odd amount of GG:
Trying to tell me something about the meaning of life?

(PS Hadn't realized GG was a part of this.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When it goes to geekmod, the geekmodders vote how much gg it should receive (unlike images, which get a set 1gg)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hill
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I need to write anything lengthy, I alwys write it offline then copy and paste into the online editing box. But then, I've been around since the days when browsers and the Internet were very unstable. Wordpad is your friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.