Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo Peroni
Italy
Milano
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I was reading the Regime Change rule, and under the Emancipation bullet you can read:

Quote:
Emancipation. If you cause a Regime Change in an Empire that has Repressed Tokens, you may move them (even if they did not fight in a Battle) from the Empire’s Map Card, into either empty Cities (with its repressed Rooks and Knights), or its empty Borders (with repressed Pawns).

What does it mean that you can move Repressed tokens from the Empire's Map Card into empty cities? So the Repressed tokens are on the Empire's Map Cards and not on the Empire Cards?
I thought that you could move Repressed tokens from Empire Cards to the relative Map Card to its saturation, but this kinda confudes me...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you thought right and it should say "from the Empire´s card", not "Empire´s Map Card". Phil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonzalo Santacruz de la Torre
Spain
Rivas Vaciamadrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
As I understand it, the Emancipation rule allows you to place the repressed into non saturated cities in the Empire Map card just won, but from the Empire Card. I suppose that exceeding repressed cannot be placed that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Your interpretation is correct. When a regime changes in an Empire, you can move any repressed tokens (thematically, any nobles and rulings class that were enslaved by the Empire) from the Empire Tableau Card onto the respective Empire Map spots (thematically, making a deal to trade their freedom/emancipation for their loyalty to the new regime) to saturation.

Mechanically, it was a way to at least have SOME units on a map card after a regime change -- aside from Vote and Coronation, Regime Changes typically leave the Empire completely empty and ripe for a subsequent attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mooken wrote:
Your interpretation is correct. When a regime changes in an Empire, you can move any repressed tokens (thematically, any nobles and rulings class that were enslaved by the Empire) from the Empire Tableau Card onto the respective Empire Map spots (thematically, making a deal to trade their freedom/emancipation for their loyalty to the new regime) to saturation.

Mechanically, it was a way to at least have SOME units on a map card after a regime change -- aside from Vote and Coronation, Regime Changes typically leave the Empire completely empty and ripe for a subsequent attack.

As Bernhard said, the word "Map" should be removed from this bullet under "Regime Change", so that it reads: Emancipation. If you cause a Regime Change in an Empire that has Repressed Tokens, you may move them (even if they did not fight in a Battle) from the Empire’s Map Card, into either empty Cities (with its repressed Rooks and Knights), or its empty Borders (with repressed Pawns).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we are on it: Under F9. Campaign. Repressed.

It also should not be: Repressed Tokens in either Map Card do not participate in the Battle BUT Repressed Tokens on an Empire do not participate in the Battle.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. I made this change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do city icons matter when emancipating? So can I place a Rook in city w/ Knight icon, and vice versa (same as placing Knights and Rooks under E.2.2)?

And, instead of opening just another thread, is taking a Concession after successful Regime Change mandatory? Rules say "may", so I guess it's optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:
Do city icons matter when emancipating? So can I place a Rook in city w/ Knight icon, and vice versa (same as placing Knights and Rooks under E.2.2)?

No. In general the icons only matter when placing a levy.

lucyfer wrote:
And, instead of opening just another thread, is taking a Concession after successful Regime Change mandatory? Rules say "may", so I guess it's optional.

It's optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer, it confirms what I thought - just wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.