Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Dennis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd read somewhere that the pictures on the visitor cards in second edition Viticulture are paintings of the people credited as sponsors on the bottom of the cards. Is this true or was I just seeing things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buck: Most of the visitors in Viticulture are based on real people. They were credited by name on the cards in the first edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dennis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did they send photos and the artist create cards based on their likeness or was it done in some other manner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's how we did it. We've since moved away from custom art for a few reasons. You can see my original thoughts on the following blog entry, and there's a link at the bottom of it regarding my current thoughts:

http://stonemaiergames.com/kickstarter-lesson-87-custom-art/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dennis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome and thanks for the quick replies! One of the totally charming touches in Viticulture in my opinion. One of my and my wife's favourite games (and Tuscany: Essential Edition is a great addition to it). Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.