Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
Let's say the following scenario

V
S1S2

Where V is Verena and S1 and S2 two adjacent Stormtroopers.

S1 is defeated, so Verena uses Close quarters with S1 dice pool (Green and Blue).

Is the "Squad Training" ability active? Can IP force a reroll?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, you cannot use squad training. You only use their dice, not their abilities or surge abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add this here if you don't mind

Since Verena can't benefit from weapon abilities when she uses her skill, it means that when a, like, Royal Guard dies beside her she can make a melee attack with the guards dice but can't benefit from reach.
Am I correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
FeyrBert wrote:
I'll add this here if you don't mind

Since Verena can't benefit from weapon abilities when she uses her skill, it means that when a, like, Royal Guard dies beside her she can make a melee attack with the guards dice but can't benefit from reach.
Am I correct?

Correct, she just uses the dice and attack type. (Ranged or melee)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachi C
msg tools
mb
nicktenny wrote:
No, you cannot use squad training. You only use their dice, not their abilities or surge abilities.

Could IP use Squad training on that attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick T
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No. Squad training is an ability of the ST and the ST is not attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Lunottina wrote:
nicktenny wrote:

Could IP use Squad training on that attack?

No. During these types of attacks, no figure is friendly to any other figure.

No is the correct answer, but I gave the wrong reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
csouth154 wrote:

I think you are confusing Close Quarters with False Orders.

In Close Quarters Verena is performing an attack with the dice pool and attack type (ranged/melee) of the defeated figure. Thus no abilities (edit: other than what determines their attack dice pool) of the defeated figure are used. The defeated figure is not otherwise involved in any way. (And it could not be, because it has been removed from the map at this point and possibly the deployment card returned to the IP's hand.)

With False Orders Murne of performing an attack with a hostile figure, so Murne can use the abilities of the controlled figure, but the controlled figure is hostile towards all non-neutral figures and thus cannot use abilities that require friendly figures.

(Also, you say no figure is friendly during attacks where a figure is being controlled. This is not true. Only the figure being controlled is hostile towards all non-neutral figures, the hostile/friendly status of other figures do not change.)

Similar end result in the case of Squad Training (not usable), but different reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

I think you are confusing Close Quarters with False Orders.

Yup. That's exactly what I did. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's incorrect to say that no abilities of the defeated figure are used. Figures that have abilities that determine what their dice pool is have that ability trigger. The owner of the figure uses the ability in this case and can choose dice which are bad for Verena (e.g., Limiting Accuracy).

This doesn't cover reroll abilities, so Squad Training is still not going to work, but there are a small number of abilities which can and are used during Verena's Close Quarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.