5 Posts

Hero Realms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need help with rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel K
Germany
flag msg tools
Bought this game at Spiel'16 and tried today the first time and was a little shocked how incomplete the rules are written.

The things not mentioned in the rules:

1. Do I play with all 4 faction cards in a two player game?

2. Why is it important if a champion is prepared or not?
The manual says all champions are back to "prepared" status
after my end of turn. So there is actually no chance for the opponent
to attack a "unprepared" champion?

3. How does an attack affect the players health bar?
If I attack with 5 Combat and destroy a 3 shield champion
of the enemy, does he loose 2 healthpoints on the health bar?
Or 5?

4. Can I attack multiple champions at the same time?
So when I have Combat Point 8, and the opponent got 2 Champions with
4 + 4, I can kill them both in one attack?

5. When I attack with 5 Combat, and the opponent has 2 champions, one with 1 shield, the other with 4 shield. Does it mean the champion with 1 shield is destroyed but he gets no loss in health because the second champion (that was not attacked got 4 shield?)

Can anyone help? Thank you sooo much!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. yes

2. it's basically only to track whether you used their ability or not

3-4-5 you basically spend combat like money. to stun each champion you must spend equal to it's shield value, all combat you don't spend on damaging champions can be spent to damage your opponent, granted no guard is defending them. It is important to remember that you cannot spend combat to attack non-guard champions or your opponent until there are guards

sooo...

3. looses 2

4. technically you're not doing it at the same time, but one by one. this only matters sometimes if there are guards present

5. if both those champions are guard you must spend combat on them, so no your opponet looses no health. if they are not guard, you decide

hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
1 - All the cards that are neither starter cards, always available cards, items cards, or life tracking cards, are part of the main deck. You shuffle all of them together, not matter how many players there is.
So, yes, all 4 factions are always part of the main deck.

2 - Prepared champions can be expanded. Prepared champions with a guard symbol MUST be stunned before attacking the opposing players. If a champion with a guard symbol is expanded, it is not required that you stun it before attacking the opposing player. This is not yet used but will be in the future.

3 - If you have 5 combat in your pool and spend 3 to stun a champion, then you only have 2 left in your pool. I'll let you guess the rest.

4 - Your combat value goes into a pool, from which you spend them. You can allocate them however you want. The only restriction being that you cannot spend them to attack a player which is protected by a champion that has a guard value.
So, no matter how much combat you have available, you can spend 4 on a target, and 4 on another, the way you want. But you need to meet the defense value of a champion in a single turn in order to stun it.

5 - By shield, you mean guard?
If a champion has a silver shield, you do not have to defeat it to attack the player. If it has a black shield, you have to.
In your case, let's say the champion with 1 health has a black shield, and the one with 4 health has a grey shield.
You need to spend 1 combat to stun the first champion. From there, you have two choices:
Either you spend your remaining four combat to stun the other champion, in which case your opponent suffers no damage,
Or you ignore the champion and spend your remaining four combat to inflict four damage on your opponent, who gets to keep their champion. You could also choose to inflict 1-3 damage to the champion, and the rest to the player, but to no avail, as the damage would wear off the champion at the end of your turn.

Most of the time, I'd advise you to stun their champions whenever possible, though.

I hope this helps. You merely have a misconception of how damage and combat points work, that's all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fadhli rosli
msg tools
regarding your last point,

what do you mean damage will wear off the champion at the end of turn?
if champion has 4 life but opponent decides to use the remaining 3 damage to the champion, next turn just need to deal 1 damage to it to stun? or 4 damage again?

applies to guard too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
smooth12 wrote:
regarding your last point,

what do you mean damage will wear off the champion at the end of turn?
if champion has 4 life but opponent decides to use the remaining 3 damage to the champion, next turn just need to deal 1 damage to it to stun? or 4 damage again?

applies to guard too?

You need to deal 4 damage in a single turn. If you deal 3 damage, you'll face a champion with 4 life and three wounds. At the end of the turn, the wounds are healed if you didn't inflict one more. Guard or not doesn't matter. They all work the same on this point.

If you fail to inflict enough damage to stun a champion in one single turn, you will have to start all over again. Think of it as a video game boss fight

There is, I believe, the possibility to stun targets over multiple turns if you play multiplayer, 1 vs. many players, but I'm not certain of that, and it's a separate set of rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.