$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
Michael Schloth
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
1. I assume that when you move a sector's card stack, the cards that move are whatever Organization Cards are left in the stack PLUS the Shut Down card. True?

2. Do ZOI cards ever move or are they permanently bolted into place when The Facility is created at the start of the game?

3. I understand that the grid of The Facility wraps North to South (and vice versa) and East to West (and vice versa), but does it also wrap North-East to South-West (and vice versa) and North-West to South-East (and vice versa).

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Murphy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the questions, we hope that you've been enjoying your time with the game!

1) That's correct, when cards move it's the entire stack that moves.

2) I'm not 100% sure that I understand your question because in a 5-player game EVERY card is in someone's ZOI. However, regardless of the number of players, all facility cards in the 5x5 grid can be moved by the various card actions (except those that have been specifically locked, in which case they would be "jumped" by other moving cards).

3) Yes. There are, admittedly, a few instances when you need to stop and think through a movement or attack involving the corners of the facility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Unlike shutdown cards ZOI cards do not move. They are there primarily as a play aid to remind players the row/column they can purchase from. As they game moves on the ZOI remains the same while the other cards will shift around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schloth
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gifflen wrote:
Unlike shutdown cards ZOI cards do not move.

THAT is the answer I was looking for.

So, if I control the ZOI card at grid coordinate (1,1), then the nine sectors I can buy Organization cards from are located at grid coordinates (1,1), (1,2), (2,1), (2,2), (1,5), (2,5), (5,1), (5,2), and (5,5). Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Your ZOI will be the row/column that intersects with your ZOI card. So if your card is in (1,1) your ZOI is the first row/first column. (1,1) (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) (1,5) (2,1) (3,1) (4,1) (5,1)

The sectors that fall on (1,1) (2,2) (3,3) (4,4) (5,5) are where the ZOI cards are placed and thus these sectors are unique to that corresponding factions ZOI since no other ZOI will intersect with them.

If there is still any confusion we'll happily draw up an additional diagram to clarify =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schloth
United States
Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Gifflen wrote:
Your ZOI will be the row/column that intersects with your ZOI card. So if your card is in (1,1) your ZOI is the first row/first column. (1,1) (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) (1,5) (2,1) (3,1) (4,1) (5,1)

Aha! Now everything is clear. Somehow I had got it into my head that the influence zone of each Organization's ZOI card extended one sector in each direction from the ZOI card. Hence my question regarding diagonal wrapping.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me. A diagram will not be necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Dyksley
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
thank god I managed to get at least the ZOI stuff right lol. was kinda worried.

Just had my first game today. I really enjoy it, can't wait to get more to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.