Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the illustrations for the trick lane setup, the last Locomotive shows [6,oo]. Is this supposed to be one or the other randomly, or is there a place in the rules I'm not seeing where it tells you when to use either one? In the normal setup, are locomotives always placed in ascending order?

Also, in the expert variant, is the idea that the city and locomotive cards should be shuffled with each other and distributed in their normal, staggered arrangement (so that there may be locomotives before cities, and in non-ascending order), or that all of the trick lane should be shuffled together before being laid out?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When the 6 is placed, the ALL can only go in one place. So both get put out at the same time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schaffer
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Discover Fun Together
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bhz1 wrote:
On the illustrations for the trick lane setup, the last Locomotive shows [6,oo]. Is this supposed to be one or the other randomly, or is there a place in the rules I'm not seeing where it tells you when to use either one? In the normal setup, are locomotives always placed in ascending order?

Also, in the expert variant, is the idea that the city and locomotive cards should be shuffled with each other and distributed in their normal, staggered arrangement (so that there may be locomotives before cities, and in non-ascending order), or that all of the trick lane should be shuffled together before being laid out?


Hi Zach

[6,oo]
Both the "6" and the "oo" locomotive cards are placed together in that spot in the trick lane. Because there are 5 companies, each of them will end the game with a locomotive, so like mccrispy said when the "6" is placed, the "oo" can only go in one place, so both get put out at the same time.

[Expert]
We took this from the original version of the game. You are correct in that the city and locomotive cards should be shuffled with each other and distributed in their normal, staggered arrangement (so that there may be locomotives before cities, and in non-ascending order).

Let us know if we can help with anything else, thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fristrom
United States
Watertown
Unspecified
flag msg tools
How is the "extra" locomotive handled when using the expert variant? I can think of at least two ways to handle it, and there are probably more that I haven't thought of. Which is the intended way?

1) When shuffling the locomotive and city cards together, don't include the unlimited locomotive. It will then go with the last locomotive in the trick lane.

2) Include the unlimited locomotive when you shuffle, but when dealing out the trick lane, the 5th locomotive dealt should be placed with the 4th one instead of in the next spot on the lane.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Justinschaffer wrote:

[6,oo]
Both the "6" and the "oo" locomotive cards are placed together in that spot in the trick lane. Because there are 5 companies, each of them will end the game with a locomotive, so like mccrispy said when the "6" is placed, the "oo" can only go in one place, so both get put out at the same time.


I'm a bit thick here, sorry, but to clarify further, does:

A) the "oo" card immediately go to the right of the 6 locomotive, so that it becomes the card to take in the trick after the 6?

Or, B) the "oo" go on top of the 6 Locomotive as it shows in the illustration so that you first take that one, and then the next trick becomes the 6?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ericaustinlee wrote:
Justinschaffer wrote:

[6,oo]
Both the "6" and the "oo" locomotive cards are placed together in that spot in the trick lane. Because there are 5 companies, each of them will end the game with a locomotive, so like mccrispy said when the "6" is placed, the "oo" can only go in one place, so both get put out at the same time.


I'm a bit thick here, sorry, but to clarify further, does:

A) the "oo" card immediately go to the right of the 6 locomotive, so that it becomes the card to take in the trick after the 6?

Or, B) the "oo" go on top of the 6 Locomotive as it shows in the illustration so that you first take that one, and then the next trick becomes the 6?


No. C) They're both in 1 trick and you assign them both if you win the trick. Every corporation can have only 1 locomotive, so if you assign the 6-train, you can immediately assign the other as well.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RvdH83 wrote:


No. C) They're both in 1 trick and you assign them both if you win the trick. Every corporation can have only 1 locomotive, so if you assign the 6-train, you can immediately assign the other as well.


Awesome, thanks for the clarification!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.