Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Variants

Subject: Mechs vs Minions PvP (Mission 3 Spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing mission 3 with my son today, he commented that he wanted to play as the Boss. After thinking a bit, I think it is actually possible to do this mission (and maybe future mission!) as a PvP, with one player controlling the Boss and one or more controlling the mechs.

Below are my thought on the mechanic (disclaimer: purely theoretical, untested and may terribly unbalanced):

Mechs:
- Objective: to kill the Boss before it activate GG101
- How to play: as vanilla mission 3.

Minions:
- AI scripted using vanilla mechanism.

Boss:
- Objective: to complete GG101 before the mechs kill it.
- How to play:
--- Boss starts with 10 health for two mechs, 12 for three and 20 for four.
--- During the Danger phase, the Boss player draft two boss' command cards and choose one. Discard the other.
--- If there is no more boss' command card on its pile, shuffle discard pile and draw from it.
--- For every command card with "roll rune die to activate its effect", Boss player can roll the die twice and choose which colour to activate.
--- If its shield down, Boss can step on to a rune of same colour to reactivate its shield.
--- If a mech hits the Boss, the Boss player has to discard the bottom command card of that colour from his/her board.

I think my son and I will try this after we have completed all missions. Any suggestion or feedback is welcomed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Briosi
Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ehm...draft card of 1 color and win fast for boss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorlin wrote:
Ehm...draft card of 1 color and win fast for boss?

If boss draft Yellow-Yellow, he still needs to discard one and put only one Yellow.
Mech players can shoot the boss using Yellow damage to force the boss to discard the programmed Yellow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny kessel
Netherlands
Breda
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
I think the boss is in a huge disadvantage. Being able to remove 1 card from its line is huge!

But do let us know if you try it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This evening my son and I played this variant with several changes:

Mechs
- 2 mechs, Corki and Heimerdinger.
- played as usual (draft 5 cards, take 2 cards).

Minions
- started on runes.
- on Minion phase, roll the rune die. Minions moved to that direction, spawn Minions on runes of that colour, attack adjacent Mechs.

Boss
- Boss started with 5 health.
- whenever the boss needed to roll the rune die, the controlling player rolled the die twice and chose which colour to activate.
- whenever the boss stepped on a rune, its shield of that colour was reactivated.
- whenever the boss got damage, the controlling player chose to discard a card of that colour or take damage. If no card of that colour was available, the boss automatically suffers a damage.

Win condition
- Mechs win if they can destroy the boss.
- Boss wins if it can activate its GG-101 Doom Cannon.

It was a tight game. My son was controlling the boss and he finally activate the Doom Cannon using the blue commands. I was so close to destroy it (the Boss had 2 health left) but a damage put a Haywire Control on Heimerdinger, preventing him from attacking the Boss using Skewer and Flamespitter. If only he did not get the damage, I would have won the game!

It plays around 30 minutes because the built in timer in the form of the Boss' Doom Cannon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.