Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Janiec
United States
(Teller County)
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
13.24, paragraph 3.B says, "A corsair is sunk on a result of 5 or more." But what does the undefined term "sunk" mean?

We have treated sunken Corsair units as if they were eliminated fleets, i.e., returned to the French Force Pool unless a 12 was rolled to kill the "admiral." But given how hard it is to both find and sink a corsair, it has seemed way too easy for the French to keep 5 Corsairs in the box every Spring.

So does sunk instead mean "removed from the game?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espinete Zombie
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi Chris:
In my matches, sunk is means removed to the pool, not removed fron the game.
I you see the Production Chart 13.3, build new Corsairs cost 5&. Then, for example, in one year allies sunk 4 french corsairs, french player can build new corsairs, for the pool, paying 5& for new one.
So sorry for my english, it is not my firts language.
I make video tutorials about this game, in this https://boardgamegeek.com/video/107467/nations-arms-valmy-wa... , i talk about Corsairs. It is in spanish, only the first video tutorial have english subtitules
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Espinete Zombie
Spain
flag msg tools
Observation. By Pool i talk about if a Corsair is sunk, it is elimaneted and only can enter againg if french player buy a new one in economic phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.