Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Ward
United States
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all..

Just picked up this newish book from the library, and I thought the topic might be a wee bit interesting for folks waiting for Pendragon!

http://pegasusbooks.com/books/in-the-land-of-giants-97816817...

If you've read it already, tell me what you thought!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Laval
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know this book but it seems interesting, I would have loved to have it when I was still living in Britain. Let me know how you like it please :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in my local library catalog, hardcover at the store though. Will take a look, sounds like would be perfect for planning our next trip to the UK. May need to add a few more weeks of vacation time though, plus not take my son who had enough of "learning history" after a few days.

Edit 1: 30% off hardcovers at Chapters was a nice suprise - it looks pretty on first glance/shuffle through will report more after reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ward
United States
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truth be told, I actually put it down after the first few chapters. I thought it was fine, just heavy on the travelogue and light on the history. At some point, when I'm more familiar with the history, the traveling will likely seem much more interesting to me. I'll also readily admit that there may be plenty of what I'm looking for in the book, and that I just didn't find it because I stopped so early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad -- Thanks for the tip! Ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Ward
United States
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Brad -- Thanks for the tip! Ordered.

And thank you for the gold.. and the gaming gold you provide!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.