Hide
23 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Unreleased Heros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce
msg tools
Thanks to Fox Reinard who noticed that there are hero images in Road to Legend that are not released.

From the conversion kit:
Brother Glyr
Mad Carthos
Red Scorpion
Varikas the Dead

New:
KhanokatOul

RuenTheLiving

ShadarRunearmor

TenziOfThePath

These don't appear to have been added recently as I have been monitoring new images in RtL to add new tiles to Valkyrie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Four heroes each with a different Archetype suggests to me we have either one Big Box or two Small Box expansions coming up.

The four CK heroes previously unreleased? We might be seeing a tenth H&M pack with three entirely new monsters. The images I found have updated artwork so it's not simply an error in placing their images in the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
My theory: these are cut Heroes from the chains that rust. Seems to me they match the hybrid classes, and would have been added back when it was in test.

Further to this: perhaps tCTR was originally a big box expansion, but they decided to shift it down because of the overlap with MoB. To fit in this new position they had to cut content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They all look like they're from another archetype. Perhaps it'll come with hybrid classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
InfinityBlack14 wrote:
They all look like they're from another archetype. Perhaps it'll come with hybrid classes.

This is why I think they are from tCtR. In particular the rune hammer and rune shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that they look like they match the hybrid classes, but I hope we'll get them sooner or later!

Do the 1st edition heroes have new art as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
They do have updated artwork (I mentioned above).

I find the warriors interesting because of their names: Varikas the Dead, Ruen the Living. Coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
BruceLGL wrote:

RuenTheLiving

Facemask but no shirt....weirdo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I love these! Tenzi of the Path is definitely my favorite of those, but it looks like we are going to get a new female dwarf, too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
They do have updated artwork (I mentioned above).

I find the warriors interesting because of their names: Varikas the Dead, Ruen the Living. Coincidence?

Varikas is in Runewars (the new one) and I feel like they'd want to get him into this soon too. He's in basically every other Runebound product at this point, although not the new Runebound itself, yet.
Especially since they're pushing the Undead quite a bit in these last two expansions.

I'm quite intrigued by those new heroes but that runearmour one definitely suggests they were cut from Chains that Rust. I wonder why? I get Bruce's idea of them cutting it down from a big box expansion but that still seems a weird decision. It would explain why Chains felt a bit sparse generally, I guess.

This is the first time in ages we've not had a new product on the horizon too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruceLGL wrote:
My theory: these are cut Heroes from the chains that rust. Seems to me they match the hybrid classes, and would have been added back when it was in test.

Further to this: perhaps tCTR was originally a big box expansion, but they decided to shift it down because of the overlap with MoB. To fit in this new position they had to cut content.
I second this theory sort of. I think Mist and Chains were actually split from the same original big box. It seems pretty obvious they had full plans for a normal big box before cutting it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foxreinard wrote:
The images I found have updated artwork so it's not simply an error in placing their images in the app.

Can you post those images too? (please)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the other images:

Brother Glyr

Mad Carthos:

Red Scorpion:

Varikas the Dead:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another theory: maybe there were no hybrid classes at first, but heroes with abilities normally associated with other archetypes and that evolved into hybrid classes with them scrapping the heroes.

I do find it curious they would put them in the app though, if they were cancelled entirely...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
mistereaston wrote:
I do find it curious they would put them in the app though, if they were cancelled entirely...

They have to be tested somehow. Tiles are only built in to the app as required by the quests included, but there is a good chance their build script includes all hero images as standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Easton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that could be true. But there's also a chance that they still are needed. It can still go both ways right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mistereaston wrote:
Another theory: maybe there were no hybrid classes at first, but heroes with abilities normally associated with other archetypes and that evolved into hybrid classes with them scrapping the heroes.

yeah. my thoughts too. guess we see them somewhere in a box sooner then later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DelphiDie wrote:
Here are the other images:

Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Nacrom
Italy
flag msg tools
Hi to everyone. Can anyone kindly provide all heroes avatars actually in Descent app? I've tried to find out them myself, with no success...

I made, for personal use, a random heroes generator with microsoft excel and I would like to include better hero images in it. Actually, I already made icons by myself starting from pictures found on descent wiki or FFG site, but I would like better proportioned pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
autumnblaze wrote:
Hi to everyone. Can anyone kindly provide all heroes avatars actually in Descent app? I've tried to find out them myself, with no success...

I made, for personal use, a random heroes generator with microsoft excel and I would like to include better hero images in it. Actually, I already made icons by myself starting from pictures found on descent wiki or FFG site, but I would like better proportioned pictures.

Step 1: Install Road to Legend (http://store.steampowered.com/app/477200/)

Step 2: Get Valkyrie (https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/releases)

Step 3: Run Valkyrie and import Descent content.

Step 4: Look in content/D2E/ffg/img

Images are in direct draw surface format, imagemagick and gimp plugin or something else is needed to open/convert. Images are also flipped vertically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Nacrom
Italy
flag msg tools
I'll try, thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Bucho22 wrote:
BruceLGL wrote:

RuenTheLiving

Facemask but no shirt....weirdo.

He knows where his assets are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.