Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your deck of the week?

Mine is Law/Disease/Feral.

With Porkhand Magistrate and Jail, I can control the early game and I tech in Plague Spitter and Community Service. This usually gives me a good play because Plague Spitter even if it dies, will make opponent units pretty weak and Community Service allow me to grab from opponent hand the units he wanted to play, while making his hand smaller.

This is the main strategy, from there, you can spec into Law to get Censorship Concil and with Jail, this combo is amazing. They can only play 1 unit per turn and they can't even use it that turn. It screw up so many opponent strategy while giving you a turn to prepare to deal with that card.

If the opponent is heavy on tokens, you can spec Disease and go with double Abomination.

If opponent hide behind huge units, teching Ferocity and Behind the Fern with Plague Spitter is amazing, because you bypass the patroller and gives -1/-1 runes before taking damage.

These are a few ways to play this deck, but there is many more.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a fun deck. Got to rep that Blue starter.

This is a tough one for me. I'm still debating how much to experiment with new decks or how deep to try and get into my current favorite. My current favorite being Law/Truth/Disease (got to get all the control). Unfortunately my usual opponent has been busy the past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to get in games lately.

If I did try some new decks I might give Law/Peace/Disease a go. Or Something Black/Green related like Necromancy/Demonology/Growth or Necromancy/Disease/Growth or Feral/Balance/Demonology. A bummer about this is my opponent wont get his own stuff and is currently running a deck of Growth/Peace/Anarchy. I want my Growth and Peace back

There are just so many fun sounding decks it is difficult to lock down on one and there is so much to each deck that it also makes it difficult to just play a deck once or twice and then move onto another one.

If I had to pick a "deck of the week" for next week I might run a blast from the past. Peace/Balance/Demonology. This deck no longer does what it originally did in testing but it would be fun to just goof around with it and remember the old days devil It didn't run Blue starter before but I got to get that Newsman to keep my heroes in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
Loads of options, as Jonathan said. It's been a little while since I've been able to play, sadly, and most of my upcoming games are likely to be monocolour.

But one deck I've enjoyed in the past and want to try again is Discipline-Past-Peace. The key to this weird assortment is True Power of Storms! It's a hard card to use, but it goes fantastically with Past because of Prynn's awesome spells Undo and Origin Story and Stewardess of the Undone. There's no other spec with quite so many 3-cost spells / Tech Is, so I added Peace for Brave Knight and a strong Tech II backup plan if the Heroes' Hall, maxband Grave, True Power plan isn't looking so good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.