brant G
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohio State University's School of Communication, in partnership with GAMA and The Wargamer, are undertaking a follow-up to last year's large and comprehensive study of hobby game players. The researchers are investigating patterns of motivation and usage by tabletop (card, role-playing, minis, and board game players), digital (computer, console, MMORPG), and other gamers (such as LARP). The survey takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.

Building on lessons learned from last year, as well as some ongoing analyses of the existing data, the project is seeking continue expanding the knowledge of the games world.

We invite you to participate at www.gamesurvey.org.

The study will be focusing on these key areas of motivation.

• What do game players like in a game? What do they dislike? And why?
• What motivates continued game play and preferences for types of games?
• Where are games bought and what influences those purchase decisions in light of preferences and motivations?
• What interactions do gamers have with others?
• With whom (and where) do gamers play, and how frequently, and how do these decisions influence preferences and motivations?

Official Q&A forum can be found at http://www.wargamer.com/forums/tm.asp?m=229482

(Yes, there's a typo on the 2d-to-last page in the 'big picture' question. We've sent the corrected version to the dept. IT guy to put it up on the site. I promise you won't be the first person to bring it to our attention...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Less snark is my goal.
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Have you joined the 2017 Secret Cthanta yet?
badge
mb
bayonetbrant wrote:

(Yes, there's a typo on the 2d-to-last page in the 'big picture' question. We've sent the corrected version to the dept. IT guy to put it up on the site. I promise you won't be the first person to bring it to our attention...)

What's the question supposed to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brant G
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently says
"I am often not able to see the "big picture" where others can't"

should be
"I am often not able to see the "big picture" where others can"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brant G
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still trying to beat our total of 3500 from last year.

Please spread the word and help us get as many gamers as possible in the sample.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brant G
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm shamelessly thumbing myself, in the attempt to get htis bumped up a bit on the front page. We've only got a limited window of time to collect as much as we can on this survey, so I'm trying to keep it visible!

Thanks to everyone who's helped us at www.gamesurvey.org so far. If you haven't, please take a few minutes and lend a hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brant G
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help.

Again, please pass the word to as many friends/acquaintances/enemies/random people on the street as you can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.