Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the rules but I've yet to play. One question I'm unsure about....

1) When staying put (not moving or drifting) are you still required to feed? In other words, is staying put supposed to be an advantage or a disadvantage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't understand. You must always move or drift, or do you mean that you move but you happen to roll a 5?

In this case, yes, you must feed anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Arndt
United States
Elma
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's what I mean. Or for example what if you decide to drift but you're along the edge of the board and cannot drift in the direction it states. Thus I would be sitting idle.

I guess then sitting still is a bad thing because chances are the food you need to feed will not be there?

I was thinking that perhaps rolling a 5 or drifting along an edge of the board that wouldn't allow movement in that direction might be a good thing if you didn't have to feed. But if you must feed whether or not you move then I'm assuming 9 times out of 10 that not moving isn't going to be a good move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amoebas must eat or they will starve.
Stavation is not good as it means the amoeba will soon die, which means that you will lose victory points.

And you cannot just 'decide' to drift. An Amoeba WILL drift whether it want's to or not - unless it has developed a skill that enables it to move by itself or hold on to something.

Moving or not moving - both have their advantages and disadvantages. While staying in your own poop isn't going to let you survive for long, it is certainly better than drifting into an amoeba-eating tribe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.