Subject: Ideal Play Area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Rodger
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I've been thinking a bunch about the ideal play area for the game, since it says to decide the limits of the space, specifically for placing systems and lanes. It seems to me that for a three person game, if I keep the 18" I'd be best served by a hexagonal space:

Which of course is too large for my table by about 3". Now, let me stress that I'm well aware I'm over thinking things, but I was hoping to get in a game today but couldn't, so I've nothing to do but over think stuff. Anyway, I could move the starting positions in a bit closer or just rotate them a bit like this:

What do you think? Is that enough room to build your only little part of the galaxy before having to crash into the other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maldus Alver

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more interested in the play area after 4 or 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nova Cat
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, in a hexagonal area, any equilateral triangle should be fair to all players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3231337/davesumm?size=large

That's the area I use, it's a six sided area still but just stretched to fit a circular table of most sizes. There's a thread down page with the exact same title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.