Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo rule - Lacerda movements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

At the start of the game, Lacerda is on the pass/press location; what happens if the first card he draws is the pass/press release?

Draw another one AND shuffle the pass/press release back in the deck? Or simply flip another card (and too bad for Lacerda, he missed his opportunity to do an early press release because he didn't follow the movement rules)?

Or take the action still?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about this, too. Played my first solo game tonight, and it went horribly. LOL. And I ran into almost this same scenario.

Basically, can Lacerda stay on an action space and repeat it if his cards tell him to? For me, he was on the expert action space when the fair occurred, his deck was shuffled, and the expert action was the first one drawn. I let him take the action again, since he breaks all the rules anyway (cheater!). But I can also see drawing another action card instead, forcing him to move. I suppose it gives the player a very tiny advantage if Lacerda stays in the same spot, since that means he doesn't leave a bribe behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
He takes the action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks!

Speaking of Lacerda actions, I do have a question regarding the concept of "...takes 2 region renown cubes from your region with the most cubes..."

I'd like to be clear on the following:

1) I get it that these cubes are used to boost his position for the sales and export action (+1 or +2); do the reknown cubes go back to the supply after the first export/sale, meaning that he won't be able to boost his position for the second export/sale? Or are they kept for both transactions?

2) For the pass/press release actions, he basically takes two reknown cubes and returns them to the supply immediately, since there is no added value for him for this action?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
mbmb
Bump!

Can someone please clear these points as I fear I may have been playing incorrectly!

thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Renown is used and cubes return to the supply.
Rules say to repeat points 1 to 3 when placing the second Barrel. Meaning that you take cubes again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.