Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official draft variant has players playing to 6 points, with a deck size of 30. Is this a balance thing, i.e. draft decks aren't as well-tuned, so the game will go longer, giving the runner an advantage? I'd like to just play draft games (from a self-made cube) with the standard deck sizes and point threshold, but will that be a problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a cube draft, I'd say you can run it how ever you like.

I think the official draft variant numbers were chosen for a variety of factors. The amount of time to draft ~50% more cards, cost of entry, balance/consistency of drafted decks are a few that come to mind quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Valnor
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kim hit a bunch, but another reason: going to 7 pts would mean the corp would have to field ~16-18 pts worth of agendas. Which would in turn raise the deck size to the 40-45 card range. You only draft 40 cards. Even at 30 cards you are almost always forced to add some chaff to the deck.

Short answer they liked 30 card decks in terms of pack size, game length, draft length, and 6 pts adds to the 'feel' two agendas could mean game over(for both sides).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.