Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Zombicide BP map tiles work well! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyne Lasley
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
As the title says I ran a quick custom scenario using these map tiles and it worked incredibly well. Just an option for when you want to customize your map and even enlarge the play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait wait wait, Are you saying the Zombicide tiles work with the Conan rules/figs with custom scenarios? Or The Conan tiles work wit Zombicide rules and stuff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lasdiggy wrote:
As the title says I ran a quick custom scenario using these map tiles and it worked incredibly well. Just an option for when you want to customize your map and even enlarge the play area.

nice to know!
i didnt thought of that yet, a real issue with Conan is it only comes with fixed maps, so yeah using the map tiles of Z:BP to set up custom play areas really opens up the possibilities!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lasdiggy wrote:

Nice! Probably any fantasy-ish, area movement map tiles will work well.

Looking forward to Massive Darkness tiles next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure grid based maps can work too with a few adjustments to the rules.
- Replace all occurrences of 'on the same zone' by 'adjacent' (e. g. for hindering, attacking). Zone effects cover a square and all adjacent squares.
- Count each movement point as 2 squares for moving, throwing objects
- Players can't move through enemy figures, can move through allies.

I'm sure there are a few edge cases to solve, but it seems quite possible to keep the feeling of the Conan rules on other map systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glen bruton
msg tools
mb
Only issue I could see is that you may have to use the Zombicide LoS rules. Other than that, great idea!! Time to raid an abandoned/overtaken/war torn castle/town!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surg3on wrote:
Only issue I could see is that you may have to use the Zombicide LoS rules.

Given the rather confused state of LOS in many of the Conan scenarios, some might call that a feature, not an issue.

As soon as my Conan minis are finished running through their current scenario, i'll be attempting a Zombicide session on a Conan board. i suspect it will work quite well. (i don't have Zombicide BP, and the classic Zombicide boards aren't very thematic for Conan.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you do not know: Mythic Battles: Pantheon kickstarter will have boards which are compatible with Conan and will also get an addon with Conan tiles for some monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
In case you do not know: Mythic Battles: Pantheon kickstarter will have boards which are compatible with Conan and will also get an addon with Conan tiles for some monsters.

looked a bit over the stuff they are offering.
Personally, I think currently the crossover options from the shown material are limited.
A bit too Greek for my Conan taste, which is good for the game itself but not for simple reuse in Conan. This holds for the boards as well as the minis, only the most generic ones fit as the others are too iconic in itself.

Wouldn't say you "can't" use them in Conan, but is probably more practical to play Mythic Battles with them.

Looks likes a nice game, however I wouldn't buy-in just for the synergy effects with Conan - just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.