Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Legendary fans! I want you all to please take a look at this reference sheet that I created. It breaks down all of the pertinent information to play the game in a simple and easy to understand way. I did a test run with my players at the weekly game I run and they were very receptive to it.

I printed this out double sided and laminated it so that the players can use the blank space to take notes with dry-erase markers if necessary.

I created this as a spreadsheet then converted it to PDF as it seemed to print better that way. I used the Percolator and Narkisim fonts, both of which will probably have to be downloaded onto your machine as they are not standard fonts. Luckily they are free and easy to find on FontZone.

Please let me know what you think. I'm open to any ideas or suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see:

How is Maria Hill also a Plot Twist.

I would put the logos before the names of the teams/classes

I'd add a line for "grey" as a color. Then add anther line to indicate 3 classes = spectrum, while 3 colors = um, I don't remember.

Oh there's a second pic for double sided...

Okay maybe the line about spectrum isn't best as part of the chart in front, but I don't know how better to make the class/color distinction.

Personally I'm not certain of the value of indicating which set each feature was added. On some other type of reference sure, but not so much a cheat sheet like this.

---
All that said, I'll likely print this out as long as you fix Maria Hill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
Let's see:

How is Maria Hill also a Plot Twist.

I would put the logos before the names of the teams/classes

I'd add a line for "grey" as a color. Then add anther line to indicate 3 classes = spectrum, while 3 colors = um, I don't remember.

Oh there's a second pic for double sided...

Okay maybe the line about spectrum isn't best as part of the chart in front, but I don't know how better to make the class/color distinction.

Personally I'm not certain of the value of indicating which set each feature was added. On some other type of reference sure, but not so much a cheat sheet like this.

---
All that said, I'll likely print this out as long as you fix Maria Hill.

Hah, good catch. I did a sort on Excel. It must not have sorted all columns correctly. I'll make that fix. I'll also look into adding a line for gray cards.

I used "Set Introduced In" as a reminder of what sets certain cards come from in case we play a game that will only include cards from certain sets.

Thank you for the feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Have I been playing wrong this whole time?

If a villain escapes, KO a card from the HQ that costs 6 or less, if that villain has a bystander, each player discards a card.

Thats a rule?

I play solo a lot, and know theres a similar rule about Master Strikes/Scheme Twists, I forget which right now, Im tired and dont feel well.

But I thought that was only for solo, since the HQ doesnt have as much turnover in a solo game, as opposed to multiplayer.

But, I guess this villain escapes rule is just a straight up punishment to the players, eh?

Interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
If a villain escapes, KO a card from the HQ that costs 6 or less, if that villain has a bystander, each player discards a card.

Thats a rule?

Yep, from pages 8 and 9 of the Base Set's rulebook (emphasis mine):

Quote:
A Villain Might Escape
If a Villain gets pushed off the final, fifth city space, then that Villain “escapes” the city and goes into the Escaped Villains pile on the game board, faceup. Here’s what happens when a Villain escapes:
• The escaping Villain KO’s a Hero that costs 6 or less from the HQ. (KO stands for “knocked out.”) The player whose turn it is chooses which of those Heroes gets KO’d. Put that Hero into the KO pile on the game board, faceup. Immediately flip a new Hero from the Hero Deck, faceup, to fill the empty space in the HQ.
If the escaping Villain had any captured Bystanders, then each player must discard a card from their hand as a penalty for failing to rescue the Bystanders. After all, what kinds of Super Heroes let innocent Bystanders get carried away by Villains? Each player only discards one card, no matter how many Bystanders were carried away by that Villain. Put the captured Bystanders in the Escaped Villains pile.
• If the escaping Villain has an “Escape” effect on its card, do what it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yaverot, I put in the adjustments you suggested. I think it looks solid now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Have I been playing wrong this whole time?

Thats a rule?

I play solo a lot, and know theres a similar rule about Master Strikes/Scheme Twists, I forget which right now, Im tired and dont feel well.

But I thought that was only for solo, since the HQ doesnt have as much turnover in a solo game, as opposed to multiplayer.

But, I guess this villain escapes rule is just a straight up punishment to the players, eh?

Interesting.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the base game solo rules also have you KO a Hero of cost 6 or less from the HQ on a Scheme Twist. But the Dark City Advanced Solo rules changed this to move one of cost 6 or less to the bottom of the Hero deck instead of KOing them, as there were more schemes now that relied on the number of KOed Heroes, and KOing per Scheme Twist would cause games to end too quickly in a loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch this link for the updated file. Should be uploaded soon once the admins approve it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139425/player-referenc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BuddhaRock wrote:
Watch this link for the updated file. Should be uploaded soon once the admins approve it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139425/player-referenc...

Final version is now posted! Download away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance is missing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.