GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,632 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

CO₂» Forums » Rules

Subject: Selling CEPs at the end of the game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say to collect all of the CEPs from the regions you control, and then sell all of them at the market price. In a two-player game, I controlled three regions, so I had a total of 20 CEPs. The market price was $6. I collected $120, which is equivalent to 60 points. Is that correct? That seems excessive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euh, 3 regions 20 cep?
You do know a region can never have more cep in it then there are spots to build power plants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 20 CEP included the 12 that I had in my hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's correct. $120/2 = 60 VP.

I have finished games with a lot points derived from CEPs. Especially if the CEP value is $8.

Controlling regions, buying and acquiring CEPs are a big part of the game. Thematically CEPs allow a nation to offset its pollution by paying for it.

Your company invested decades of time and effort throughout different continents saving the world. Time to cash in on that investment! You earned it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your opponent should have been driving the market down, if they could not stop you acquiring the CEPs. Probably more difficult in a 2p game than with more players who all have an interest in keeping the price down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.