Popular Tags: [View All]
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if we were playing her wrong, but I just got my first game in today and we played the whole first book. April essentially carried the entire game by herself. Leo helped a little, but April was MVP by far. By essentially allowing her to only be hit by double hits, and having a range 5, with a +1, attack, she could just charge forward and blast away. Her neighbors gave her double shurikens, she has an ability to switch out a double for another one, and her dice have two Chi, so she regained Focus almost every round.

What exactly is the strategy for dealing with her?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
I don't have an answer. Rather, I agree. When we played the mouser scenario it was the Donnie and April show -- Leo and Splinter were mostly dead weight. I would say that, thematically, it would make sense if she couldn't attack when she's using the stealth ability, and that would significantly reduce her awesomeness, but there's nothing I've read that would indicate such a limitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Make her burn that focus. When she's out, she's a sitting duck. She can be quite strong in scenarios that are very short, to be fair, but all it takes is a lucky roll or two and she's down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
Make her burn that focus. When she's out, she's a sitting duck. She can be quite strong in scenarios that are very short, to be fair, but all it takes is a lucky roll or two and she's down.

What Kevin said. April definitely kicks ass, but she has to burn focus to use her super cool powers, and when she's out of that focus, she's incredibly squishy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, she's only over powered for the first few rounds... assuming that she never rolls Chi to allow her to be over-powered for additional rounds... and that the game isn't over before she runs out of Chi.

Noted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.