Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does rail grinding work? I don't see arrows anywhere. I assume you can only grind down. But I see no places in any of the campaigns where a turtle would want to grind down.

Can you grind up, too? Are the arrows needed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like grinding down could be pretty usefull in the first scenario as there are 2 rails that the baddies are going to be passing.

That's the way I played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Heil
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agashamirv wrote:
It looks like grinding down could be pretty usefull in the first scenario as there are 2 rails that the baddies are going to be passing.

That's the way I played it.

Can someone grind up? I"m not a skateboard/Rollerblader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
LordZon wrote:
Can someone grind up? I"m not a skateboard/Rollerblader.

Not for any significant distance. Your legs can't generate enough momentum to overcome the effects of gravity. I suppose you could grind upwards if you got a big downhill start, esstially jump off a ramp onto an uphill grind. But that's stunt show stuff, nothing you would do in the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi

Still any answer on the missing arrow direction for the Grind Rail?

Or u simply decide to grind any direction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Personally I haven't seen any official answer to the grind direction, but as it stands I would allow grinding in both directions at my table. My longwinded reasoning is the stairs only show as slow terrain, and even if visually there is a clear bottom and top to the staircase, there is no official elevation change as far as terrain rules go. Also, the rail visually shows no sign of elevation change. I'm treating the entire rail as parallel to the sidewalk, which would enable grinding in both directions. Think of it less as a handrail on the stair but rather a guardrail keeping people on the sidewalk from falling into the stairwell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
icyduff wrote:
the rail visually shows no sign of elevation change.

One of the maps has a stair rail that clearly has an elevation change. It also has no arrows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
icyduff wrote:
the rail visually shows no sign of elevation change.

One of the maps has a stair rail that clearly has an elevation change. It also has no arrows.

I was only looking at the map for the first mission so I haven't inspected them all, but even so, if the stairs themselves do not indicate a clear elevation change via terrain then I would make the assumption that the rails remain the same elevation as well. My guess is perhaps they initially intended to have a specific direction for rails, but left it off for simplicity?
I'm totally fine with people who want the rails to have a clear directions, but I'm happy allowing them to go both ways for the time being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
icyduff wrote:
if the stairs themselves do not indicate a clear elevation change via terrain then I would make the assumption that the rails remain the same elevation as well.

The map with the subway turnstiles clearly changes elevation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well that's where the 'if' comes in. If the map itself clearly shows an elevation in terrain, and the rails follow that elevation change, then I would say the grind can only go down.
If the map shows no elevation change then I would consider it a parallel rail with grinding going both ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the arrows are missing, but instead it's how we're thinking of it. You couldn't grind a handrail for a set of stairs going down, the wall would be too close. Instead I think that the grindrail is a surrounding enclosure for the stairs, kind of like in these shots...

Of course, it wouldn't work if the fencing had spikes, or if there were posts that extend above the rail line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ is up. It's only down as depicted on the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Harvey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
agashamirv wrote:
The FAQ is up. It's only down as depicted on the map.

Where can I find this FAQ?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is just weird.

Three of the responders on this thread are Scott.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dufficy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
agashamirv wrote:

Because Scotts are everywhere and apparently all fans of Ninja Turtles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agashamirv wrote:
Ok, this is just weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Harvey
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
^^Haha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.