Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This chart is on the back of each of the player action reference cards, and shows each company/color followed by 10 boxes with varying numbers ranging from 10-40.

I'm not seeing anywhere in the rules where this is mentioned? *confused*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's just a handy reference to see the value of each station in each suit; the distribution across ranks varies suit to suit. (The 10-rank card, for example, has a different station value depending on the color, and it could be helpful to know this information during play.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goatcabin wrote:
I think it's just a handy reference to see the value of each station in each suit; the distribution across ranks varies suit to suit. (The 10-rank card, for example, has a different station value depending on the color, and it could be helpful to know this information during play.)

OK... I think what I was confused about is does the "station value" on the track cards have anything to do with the actual station cards?
I'm guessing now the answer is no, and when we're referring to "each station," that means each individual track/railroad card is considered to have it's own station and thus the "station values" is just showing the card distribution.

The multiple uses of the term "station" is throwing me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schaffer
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Discover Fun Together
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve

Shadoglare wrote:
This chart is on the back of each of the player action reference cards, and shows each company/color followed by 10 boxes with varying numbers ranging from 10-40.

I'm not seeing anywhere in the rules where this is mentioned? *confused*

Jonathan is correct in that the reference cards are simply to help you know all of the information contained in each game, since the station values vary across each company. As you become more experienced with the game, you'll notice how important hand management and timing is. The reference card is primarily handy during the tricks in which players lay track. For example, if I have the B&O "10" card, it is the only card in B&O with a station value of 40, so I would have the struggle of deciding to use it to guarantee winning a trick (since it's a 10 and can't be beat) or giving up that guaranteed win to greatly increase B&O's company value.

Shadoglare wrote:

OK... I think what I was confused about is does the "station value" on the track cards have anything to do with the actual station cards?
I'm guessing now the answer is no, and when we're referring to "each station," that means each individual track/railroad card is considered to have it's own station and thus the "station values" is just showing the card distribution.

The multiple uses of the term "station" is throwing me.

We use the term "station" strictly for the 5 starting station cards that setup the "board" and the term "station values" for the central number on the remaining company and city cards (the rules content diagram shows this as well).

Hope that clears things up. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.