United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting situation happened during my session of this today.

So, I was able to get all but 3 hostages out of the hostage pool. The other 3 were obviously on the Stockholm Syndrome Tracker. Now, I know that the Stockholm Syndrome Tracker is an extension of the Hostage Pool. I also know that in order to win this negotiation I have to save them.

What happened next kind of through me for a loop though. During the Terror Phase the card that came up showed that Jackson was going to kill a hostage. So I play "Lieutenant, You Don't Want To Do This!" to stop him from killing the hostage. However, that card says that I now have to put the hostage that would have been killed onto the Stockholm Syndrome Tracker. I could not fulfill that part of the card, so I just ignored that part as continued on.

I was just wondering if that call was the right call. If not, I'm curious as to what to do in a situation like this.

This also leads me to another question. What if you have the Hostage Pool empty and lets say 3 hostages on the tracker and during the Terror Phase you get the Stockholm Syndrome Event? Would you not make that threat roll and just turn over the next Terror Card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you did it right. If you cannot apply an effect it is simply ignored. This is true of your hypothetical scenario as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick response A.J. This is the only negotiation that I have not won. Quite brutal, but boy is it fun!

I cannot wait to see what your wonderful Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave has in store for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.