Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Baron returns encounter 2 and surge vials rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lefty Lefterson
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the encounter the overlord can use vials to add surge to attack rolls and heroes can use them to remove surge from attacks. If the overlord rolls a surge and adds one from vials and decides to use one for pierce and one for subdue, if the heroes discard a vial do they get to choose which surge is disregarded(pierce or subdue)? Sorry if wording is v ague or stupid. Just starting to learn the game and it's my bud who owns it. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
I believe you discard vials on both sides before choosing how surges are spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. the attacker can always choose what to spend surges on (unless there are surges which are forced to keep the attack from being a miss, like range or shadow) or an explicit effect like uncontrolled power. Vials let you influence the number of surges, not how they are spent.

Double checl the quest guide (I don't have it in front of me) for the time vials are used. If it is "after rolling dice", that is in step 2 before any surges can be spent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.