Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
"When you draw new cards, don't count this card towards the card limit in your hand."

What happens if at the beginning of the draw phase you already have 5 cards in your hand, but one (or more) of them is a Macaw? Do you act as if they are not in your hand and draw another card (cards) to get the number of "non macaw" cards in your hand up to 5?
Just played our first game. I argued that since you already had 5 cards in your hand and would not therefore be drawing cards normally, the macaw passive ability would not kick in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...we've always played that you would indeed draw the extra card. I guess we just figured the "Fill your hand back up to 5 cards" phase always fires, and in this case you do get to draw the extra card due to the passive ability.

I'm sure Sami will make an official ruling when he sees this though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brodie is right. Every time you have Cookies in your hand at the end of your turn, you should have more than 5 cards. With one Cookies card, this means 6, with 2, you should have 7 and so on. Sometimes this even forces you to draw junk from the junk pile if you don't have enough cards in your deck and discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.