Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
"You may throw away 1 card from the market deck once in your turn. When you use this card to purchase, you may buy the top card of the market's discard pile."

Just double checking to be sure here....you get to go through the entire market DECK, pick whatever card you want, add it to the top of the market deck discard pile, and if you choose to, then use this card to purchase that card?

When I first read the rule, I thought was an error and it was supposed to read "You may throw away 1 card from the MARKET once in your turn. When...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Close...but you don't get to search the entire market deck. You just discard the top card of the market deck to the discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Cai
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think about it, that's crazy overpowered if you can search through the entire market deck for one particular card to purchase. No other card in the game allows you to do that. Furthermore, this is not even the panda card that costs 5. So no. Discard the top card in the market deck if you want, and you can purchase the top card in the discard pile if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be the top card from the market deck. See this article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
ceh245 wrote:
If you think about it, that's crazy overpowered ....

Exactly what I thought...hence I wondered if it was the MARKET and not the entire market DECK you choose to discard a card from.

I may have missed this in the rules...I take it the card/cards that are discarded into the market discard file are discarded face up so you can see what you is available there to purchase?
AND...you are only allowed to purchase a card from the top of the market discard pile if you use this card as one of the purchasing cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and yes, the market discard pile is face up and you can buy the top card with this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dealing Giant Pandas 4 - Market Discovery:
"You may throw away 1 card from the market deck once in your turn. When you use this card to purchase, you may buy the top card of the market's discard pile."

You simply throw away the top card of the market deck. This means that you put the thrown away card on top of the market's discard pile. Keep in mind that this part of the passive effect is completely optional and you can just decide to purchase the market's discard pile's top card without throwing away any cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador C. Majoral
Andorra
Argentona, Barcelona
flag msg tools
Liuhuparta wrote:

You simply throw away the top card of the market deck. This means that you put the thrown away card on top of the market's discard pile. Keep in mind that this part of the passive effect is completely optional and you can just decide to purchase the market's discard pile's top card without throwing away any cards.

Do you mean that you have to take the decision of placing the market deck top card into the market discard, before knowing which card it is (whitout looking at it)??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Laakso
Finland
Pori
Satakunta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. If you decide to throw away the top card, you simply do it. Your decision has to be made before you know the card. After that, you can use the Market Discovery to buy the new top card of the market's discard pile or save it for the next round. Then you can throw away another card, if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.