Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Lee
United States
Portland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the longest time, I always assumed this was a game of pure chance... roll and hope for the best.

And then I introduced the game to a complete newbie... she then proceeded to roll Double Razorbacks, and 10 pointers as the norm. She would rarely Pig Out... easily winning more than TEN GAMES IN A ROW versus my hope and pray method.

After much experimentation, I've figured out you have to find your own style of rolling. It's definitely NOT like rolling dice... if you do that you will fail versus a good player.

I find I hold the pigs in my loose hand shaking them, then dropping at a 45 degree angle, releasing an inch above the table and give the pigs a bit of momentum sideways. Usually results in at least a 5 pointer, and sometimes a Double Razor Back.

Of all the games I have... Pass The Pigs has consistently proven to be fun and worth a hoot with friends. It doesn't scratch the deep strategy itch or have detailed miniatures, but it's a great game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Petraitis
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought the ridiculously huge set where the pigs are about 6" long and 3" tall and made of foam. My daughter loves it! Any advice on how to roll these or when to call on the soo-eey variant? Also we seem to think that razorbacks are much easier to roll than trotters, despite being worth the same points. Is this true for the small dice version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel L wrote:
Of all the games I have... Pass The Pigs has consistently proven to be fun and worth a hoot with friends. It doesn't scratch the deep strategy itch or have detailed miniatures, but it's a great game!!

Well, it does have TWO detailed miniatures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.