Popular Tags: [View All]
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How would we have gotten requirement card 8? It didn't seem to be possible but was critical to the story. We checked all the locations / supplemental encounters and didn't see it anywhere. We suspect it should have been somewhere (main location) but it wasn't there.

We really enjoyed this one but the typos / mistakes (like in case 4) are pretty game breaking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you check the supplemental encounters if you get the requirement in one of those?

Did not play this case yet, just guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Muad Dib wrote:
Did you check the supplemental encounters if you get the requirement in one of those?

Did not play this case yet, just guessing.

Yes, we did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be playing case 6 in two weeks, so I guess I'll find out what you mean soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same problem. Case 6 is my favorite story of all the cases yet, but it suffers from an apparent lack of playtesting to iron out typos/errors.

Between Case 4 and Case 6, I have a growing concern that not enough thorough review and editing was put into the game before publication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is EXTREMELY discouraging to hear.

I guess we just will SKIP playing 4 and 6.

But this might mean we will not have clues we need for the subsequent cases.

Hmmmmmm - - -
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
This is EXTREMELY discouraging to hear.

I guess we just will SKIP playing 4 and 6.

But this might mean we will not have clues we need for the subsequent cases.

Hmmmmmm - - -

For case 4, I suggest to play as if you had lost case 3. If you do this, then the case will be playable.

For case 6, I suggest to take requirement card 8 if you go to the right place at the right time... it's hard to say without spoiling it.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you go to the museum on the night of the Gala, you get requirement card 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Donnelly
United States
Beltsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice. I was going to ask how you suggest handling case 6.

I wouldn't skip case 4 either. We actually did figure out a lot, just didn't do as well as we would have, and missed out on an angle of investigation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tips, Captaintobs !

We will take your advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even know what you guys are talking about re: req card 8.

As it relates to requirement card SEVEN, it appears we're supposed to visit that card as a location and have the supplemental encoutner 7? I reviewed everything and have absolutely no idea how we're supposed to even know mechanically that is a thing that can be done. Did I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Mao
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
I don't even know what you guys are talking about re: req card 8.

As it relates to requirement card SEVEN, it appears we're supposed to visit that card as a location and have the supplemental encoutner 7? I reviewed everything and have absolutely no idea how we're supposed to even know mechanically that is a thing that can be done. Did I miss something?

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I don't have the book with me now, but If you go to the Gala at the correct time (the night of the gala), you're supposed to get requirement card 8 but you don't. There's a location that you go to later on that asks for requirement card 8 and is kind of the finale of the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JAn
Australia
Noble Park
Victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Played through this case tonight and I agree, so frustrating! Every time I play now I think "am I missing something or is the game missing something?" - which somewhat impacts the gameplay. Looking at errata is only a part fix cause seeing a correction has the unfortunate effect of making said correcting nigh on impossible to resist following up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what was the problem with 4 (spoilers please)? I didn't seem to have any trouble with it, but I can't remember off hand the case or any details

case 6 really screwed me up, though. I've been getting 13-15 on each case. Got a 3 on case 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.