Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Wojtkielewicz
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
He who comes too late is punished by life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly my two favorite designers, but Uwe Rosenbergwill always be king for me, and A Feast for Odin is certainly one of the greatest games ever. I play his games most of the time. Every big box (except Mercator, haven't played yet) I love and will play anytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
You have got to be kidding me.. every single one of his games are nearly identical apart from 1 core mechanism. Now do not get me wrong he is up there, and has made some shockingly good games, but I am not along I would suspect in thinking that his games are by the numbers and repetitive from one to another. He need to break out of his rut and try something new for a change.

Meanwhile you have people like Vital or Chvátil who actually make brand new games and themes that are innovative, fresh and in no way related to any game they have made before.

So when Uwe makes a game that isn't an tile offer we can talk .. for at the moment his main design idea is "lets put more stuff in the box". Giving us a wide choice IS NOT the same as giving us complexity of choice and after 10 years of him basically making a new version of the same game I just can not get excited for anything he dose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He is very repetitive imo. Having said that, Agricola All Creatures is one of the best two player games ever. And Patchwork was a lovely departure from his farming fixture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ozzy, as usual, I'm with you. I find most of his games "meh", worthy of a play to check out, but most often not for me. I like Agricola and Patchwork, but Glass Road might be my favorite of his.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C.
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played quite a few games over the last five years and would have to say that I would agree with the rankings you have pointed out. There is a reason his games would make him the top game designer. You could easily argue that he uses similar mechanics in many of his games, but that is beside the point. Most if not all of his games are great games that incorporate the theme flawlessly. Also, his big box games have just the right level of complexity for me.

- Uwe Fanboy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.