11 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Call to arms + monastery burning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Sörhuus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never encountered this before, and I'm actually (!) not sure what the right answer is. Normally I find rule interpretation quite clear.
Can I use an unit ability in the offer when playing call to arms during a monastery burning? If it was my own unit the answer is no - but CtA specifies that I may use an unit ABILITY (answer yes, combo is allowed). However, use it is as if that unit WAS MY OWN (answer no, it is not allowed).
I hope the answer is the former, but probably the latter is the truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Call to arms effectively means you make a unit your own for this battle alone. So no, you can't use the unit when attacking a monastery.

I got one other related question to Call to Glory though. May I cast Call to Glory on a day turn while in a dungeon to recruit a unit (and not use it in the dungeon's battle)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
The_Crimson_King wrote:

I got one other related question to Call to Glory though. May I cast Call to Glory on a day turn while in a dungeon to recruit a unit (and not use it in the dungeon's battle)?

Yes, that is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before it After a Battle Starts though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have never burned a monastery in this game. I was raised Catholic and it just seems wrong. But now I am thinking about the one history professor I had who was a monk, good grief, what a jack@$$ he was. Hmmm... next time I play, a monastery... or three is going up in flames for that guy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no reason to think These monastaries are catelic ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeuscat wrote:
I have never burned a monastery in this game. I was raised Catholic and it just seems wrong.

I'm not even a little Catholic but I also avoided burning monasteries for a LONG time. It finally sank in that the -3 Reputation wasn't a thematic way of saying "you shouldn't do this"... it's to balance out the fact that getting an artifact from an unfortified enemy is REALLY good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Reaves
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeuscat wrote:
I have never burned a monastery in this game. I was raised Catholic and it just seems wrong. But now I am thinking about the one history professor I had who was a monk, good grief, what a jack@$$ he was. Hmmm... next time I play, a monastery... or three is going up in flames for that guy!!!

I am very Catholic (see microbadges) but there are times when burning a monastery is a great pickup. As one former GOTW said, they're "just so flammable!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Sörhuus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Crimson_King wrote:

Allowed and a very lovely thing to do. Tried it once or twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GOTW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Reaves
United States
Allison Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek of the Week. I can't remember which one, but I think it was a couple years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.