Popular Tags: [View All]
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb

Turtles!

Just quick question, Ninja Foot Solider ability START of turn use 1 Focus 2 get 2 extra ninjas 1 added to the pool and 1 spawned on the board.

Question is.. "Start of Turn" is that as the Shredder player? I get to use that ability then activate another figure on the cards I played?

Or I MUST activate Ninja at the Start of the turn by playing a Ninja Card in order for me to use that ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
The villain may use the Numerous ability at the start of the villain's turn (once per turn), then take their normal turn, playing two cards (even if neither activates any ninjas), etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
The villain may use the Numerous ability at the start of the villain's turn (once per turn), then take their normal turn, playing two cards (even if neither activates any ninjas), etc.

We've been playing it that the Villain can essentially use this ability four times per round, Focus provided. Seems that this confirms this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, in keeping with the spirit of the source material, the board should just be flooded with disposable Foot Ninja.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depending on the scenario, the biggest problem isn't going to be paying the Focus, it is going to be keeping enough of the spawn zone spaces free to allow you to actually use all those spawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhamin wrote:
Depending on the scenario, the biggest problem isn't going to be paying the Focus, it is going to be keeping enough of the spawn zone spaces free to allow you to actually use all those spawns.

And finding something useful to do with them once spawned. The first scenario with them spawns them in alleys while most of the action is on top of a building, with the fire escape a good hike away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Lelic
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
I have next question, please for your answer.
When I have not any ninja, which I can add to figures pool, all ninjas are in figure pool, how I can use ninjas ability? Or is it possible use ninjas ability only if I have any ninjas out of play (in the box)?
Thank you for your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William White
msg tools
Assuming I understand your question right; the figure in the pool do not affect what's happening on the board. At the end of each turn, you can spawn up to half the number of figures in your figure pool, rounded up. This means that if you have 3 foot ninjas, two gunner thugs, and two melee thugs in your figure pool, you can spawn two Foot ninjas, one thug gunner, and one melee thug (forget what they're called technically, LOL)

Note that you can only place figures on the Spawn points listed on the map in any given scenario, and the villain player alone decides what minions spawn where and what minions fail to spawn at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.