Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do players choose whether to support the church, or suffer excommunication, in some order? (and, if so, what order?) Or do they do it simultaneously?

This is relevant since how good/bad excommunication's effect is may depend on how many players suffer it. For example, if all other players can't use the market spaces then it's more valuable to be able to continue to use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the most 'excommunication tiles' there is no importance of player order.
But for your example one could easily use the player order for deciding for excommunication or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolas Co
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wout wrote:
But for your example one could easily use the player order for deciding for excommunication or not.
Old or new? I note that the way the rulebook is structured suggests that you should use the old turn order (i.e. before adjustment based on Council Palace). Specifically, the Vatican Report is described in section C and End of Round, including the turn order change, is in section D.

I'd personally prefer the new turn order. Also, since deciding last is advantageous, I would prefer deciding in reverse turn order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginio Gigli
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
The players decide in turn order (the old order because, as you say, the Vatican Report (C) is resolved before the End of Round, including the turn order change (D)).

Of course, your proposal (reverse order) makes sense and makes stronger the first position and may be a good house rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.