Subject: Wouldn't loki trickery be more balanced if it had +1 strength? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As in title.
"loki trickery- +0 strength, if you lose the battle, steal 1 rage from your enemy."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would you mind reposting what Loki's Trickery does for those of us who don't have immediate access to their copy of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Podsiadło
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@up, you're right I should have thought about that earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why should it have more strength? The only reason to play this card is to lose the battle and steal the rage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
omnibus4404 wrote:
@up, you're right I should have thought about that earlier.

No worries.

I'm on holiday far, far away from my boardgames right now, but that doesn't seem to stop me from checking out BGG. laugh

I'm of the mind to agree with Nico though; this as well as basically all Loki battle cards are really only of benefit when the user loses the battle. Do you feel it is too effective in it's current state, and that the strength bonus would sufficiently debuff it to lower its success rate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its useful for the strategy, often drafted early and kept through age 3. It guarantees successful in any situation when used properly. Making it +1 would make it a bit more interesting and less powerful. I dont think it really needs to be nerfed. It would really only make that much difference in age 1, where one uses it by chasing single warriors to steal rage and get someone killed. In future rounds the battle totals are usually alot higher so it wouldnt have that much affect (and people have more rage so the steal doesnt hurt them as bad)
In age 1, usually the trickster doesnt get much from it other than 1-2 valhalla quests and alot of unspent rage.
I think the card is more annoying that powerful. It can slow down opponents in age 1 by taking their rage. In future ages it usually ignored as loki pops in to get someone killed, but you mostly ignore them and let them do their thing while you work on your strategy with 1 fewer rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
Wyndrarch wrote:
Would you mind reposting what Loki's Trickery does for those of us who don't have immediate access to their copy of the game?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1464105/complete-card-refer...
Put that in your quickbar so you can easily reference the cards when you don't have immediate access.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.